Were you involved in a personal injury accident in Paramount, California or surrounding areas? If so, you should seek the expertise of a personal injury attorney at your earliest convenience. The skilled personal injury lawyers at Eldessouky Law are ready to evaluate your claim and represent you.
What is a Personal Injury Accident?
A personal injury accident is any accident that results in primarily bodily injury. Personal injury accidents can happen at any time – and virtually anywhere. At Eldessouky Law, we have the expertise necessary to represent your claim and your best interests regardless of the specific personal injury accident that you suffered.
Our skilled personal injury attorneys handle all the following types of personal injury claims:
- Auto accident claims
- Bicycle accident claims
- Defective product claims
- Dog bite injury claims
- Motorcycle accident claims
- Pedestrian accident claims
- Truck accident claims
- Wrongful death claims
If you or a member of your family suffered any of the personal injury accidents listed above, it is essential that you seek legal assistance with the Paramount personal injury attorneys at Eldessouky Law as soon as possible.
Personal Injury Claims and Negligence
Why do you have the right to pursue a personal injury claim if you or a member of your family suffered an accident? Your right to sue is based on negligence. If you are interested in pursuing a personal injury claim, you must be familiar with the following elements of negligence:
- Duty of care – parties owe you a specific duty of care to exercise caution and prevent putting you at risk of suffering any harm
- Breach of duty – parties breach their duty of care to you and put you at risk of suffering harm
- Cause – the breach of duty directly causes an accident
- Harm – the accident causes harm (injuries or death)
If all four elements of negligence are present in your personal injury claim, you could hold the party that caused your accident accountable for all the harm that you or a member of your family suffered. For more information about the importance of negligence in personal injury claims, do not hesitate to contact our experts in Paramount as soon as possible.
What Type of Compensation Could You Receive?
Could you recover compensation if you or a member of your family was involved in a personal injury accident? Suffering a personal injury accident might make you eligible to recover compensation. How much compensation could you receive? What type of compensation could you receive? The answers to these questions depend on the specific details of your personal injury claim.
Although the only way to learn more about the specific type and amount of compensation that you could receive is to discuss your claim with an attorney, you should be familiar with the basic categories of compensation that are often available for recovery when personal injury claims are successful:
- Medical expenses – compensation for all medical costs caused by the personal injury accident, including any medical expenses incurred before the death of the victim.
- Lost income – compensation for any income that was lost (and will continue to be lost) due to the personal injury accident.
- Pain and suffering – compensation for all the pain, mental distress, and emotional distress caused by the personal injury accident.
- Property damage – compensation for any personal property that was damaged during the personal injury accident
- Loss of consortium – compensated awarded when the personal injury accident results in the inability to have a normal, family relationship with the victim.
- Funeral and burial costs – compensation awarded for all the funeral and burial expenses for the death of the victim caused by the personal injury accident.
- Punitive damages – compensation awarded as a form of punishment to the party that negligently caused the personal injury accident.
If you would like to learn more about the specific type and amount of compensation that you could recover if you decide to pursue a personal injury claim, do not hesitate to seek legal assistance with our Paramount, CA experts at Eldessouky Law. Our skilled personal injury attorneys in Paramount are ready to aggressively fight for your right to recover the compensation that you deserve.
Statute of Limitations for Personal Injury Claims
Many people unfortunately lose their right to sue because they fail to take action within the appropriate length of time. All personal injury claims are subject to a specific statute of limitations – a deadline that establishes the specific period of time that claimants have to pursue their claims. If claims are not filed within the appropriate length of time, the victims of personal injury accidents can lose their right to sue. In California, the statute of limitations for personal injury claims is generally two years; this specific deadline can change based on the specific type of claim filed or the details of the claim. Because failing to understand the statute of limitations that applies to your claim could result in losing the right to sue, it is important that you discuss the statute of limitations with our expert attorneys as soon as possible for all the information that you need to file your claim within the appropriate length of time.
Contact Eldessouky Law
Did you suffer a personal injury accident? If you or a member of your family suffered a personal injury accident in Paramount of surrounding areas, it is essential that you seek legal assistance as soon as possible. When you seek legal assistance for your personal injury claim, you are ensuring that your claim is taken seriously – and you increase your chances of recovering the compensation to which you are entitled. If you are in need of legal assistance after suffering a personal injury accident in Paramount, you must contact the experts at Eldessouky Law. Eldessouky Law is a personal injury law firm with many years of experience handling claims and representing the victims of personal injury accidents. You can trust that our lawyers will do everything within their reach to ensure that you can recover the compensation that you deserve.