Sexual harassment can come in many different forms and can be difficult to discuss. However, you have legal rights and can take legal action if you have been the victim of sexual harassment at the workplace.
No employee should be subjected to sexual harassment.
Our California Sexual Harassment lawyers are committed to helping victims of sexual harassment in whatever form it takes. We understand that sexual harassment can be a very difficult and emotionally charged experience, and we are here to help you through it.
If you have been the victim of sexual harassment, you may be feeling a range of emotions, including anger, fear, shame, and confusion. You may feel like you are alone or that no one will believe you. You may be worried about losing your job or being retaliation if you speak up.
The employment attorneys at Eldessouky Law can help you understand your rights and options, and we will fight to get you the justice and compensation you deserve. Founding attorney Mr. Eldessouky understands the impact of making accusations against a co-worker, supervisor or someone else at work. We are here to guide you through the process so you can both understand your rights as well as take the legal action you may be entitled to.
What are the Signs Of Sexual Harassment?
Sexual harassment can lead to a hostile work environment and make coming to work every day a nightmare.
Sexual harassment can take many different forms. It can be physical, verbal, or visual, and it can occur between co-workers, supervisors, and employees. Some common signs of sexual harassment include:
- Inappropriate touching
- Sexual jokes or comments
- Offensive pictures
- Repeated requests for dates
- Quid pro quo
Sexual harassment can come from both men and women, and it can occur between people of the same or different genders. In addition, a victim of sexual harassment does not have to be the person being harassed – anyone who is affected by the harassment can be a victim.
What Should I Do If I Am Being Sexually Harassed at Work?
If you are being sexually harassed at work, there are a few important steps you should take:
- Speak up: The first step is to speak up and tell the person who is harassing you to stop. This can be difficult, but it is important to do if you want the harassment to stop.
- Keep a record: It is also important to keep a record of the incidents of harassment. This can be done by keeping a journal or writing down what happened, when it happened, and who was present.
- Tell someone: If you feel comfortable, tell a supervisor, HR representative, or another person in a position of authority at your workplace about the harassment. This can be difficult, but it is important to do if you want the harassment to stop.
- File a complaint: If your employer has a sexual harassment policy, you can file a formal complaint with the company. This is often the best way to stop the harassment and get justice.
- Speak with an attorney: Speaking with an experienced employment attorney can help you understand your rights and options, and ensure that you are taking the best course of action for your situation.
Remember, you are entitled to your workplace without being subjected to sexual advances. No one deserves to be harassed, no matter their gender, sexuality, or any other characteristic. If you are being harassed, speak up and take action.
Are you a victim of sexual harassment in the workplace?
If you have been the victim of sexual harassment, you may be feeling a range of emotions, including anger, fear, and anxiety. You may also feel like you have nowhere to turn. You may even fear that speaking up will cost you your job.
The good news is that you do have options, and you are not alone.
In California, it is against the law for an employer to harass an employee. This includes sexual harassment. Take back control of your situation by speaking with an experienced sexual harassment attorney.
At the Eldessouky Law, we can help you understand your rights and options, and take the legal action you may be entitled to.
We have helped many victims of sexual harassment in the workplace, and we can help you too.
Consider Speaking with One of our California Sexual Harassment Attorneys Today
The attorneys at Eldessouky Law will help protect you.
We can make sure your rights are protected and that all options are explored to help you recover after being subjected to harassment at work. Do not wait to start discussing your situation as you only have a certain amount of time to file Sexual Harassment claim against your employer.