What are your rights as a pedestrian? As a pedestrian, you have the right to walk without fearing for your safety. You should be able to walk in designated pedestrian areas, such as sidewalks and crosswalks, without being struck by a vehicle. Unfortunately, pedestrians are often the victims of accidents caused by reckless drivers (and even dangerous road conditions). Were involved in a pedestrian accident that led to injuries? Was a member of your family killed in a pedestrian accident? Regardless of the specific details of the pedestrian accident and how you were affected, you could be certain that you might have grounds to pursue a claim. If you would like to learn more about your right to file a claim after being affected by a pedestrian accident in Torrance, California, do not hesitate to contact our law firm at your earliest convenience. The experts at ELDESSOUKY Law are ready to provide you with the guidance that you need.
The Common Causes behind Pedestrian Accidents?
Pedestrian accidents occur for a number of reasons. Some of the most common causes behind pedestrian accidents involve negligent and reckless drivers; however, pedestrian accidents can be caused by parties other than drivers. Consider some of the most common reasons behind pedestrian accidents:
- Negligent drivers are driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Drivers are speeding, weaving in and out of traffic, and disregarding traffic laws.
- Drivers are failing to yield and give pedestrians the right of way.
- Pedestrians are recklessly entering busy streets or crossing roads when it is unsafe to do so.
- Cities, counties, and transportation agencies negligently fail to maintain roads resulting to dangerous road conditions.
Regardless of the specific cause behind the pedestrian accident that affected you and your family, you could be certain that you could pursue a pedestrian accident claim. You have rights as a pedestrian; if you are injured due to the negligence of another party, you might have the right to pursue a pedestrian accident claim.
Do You Have the Right to Sue?
After you or a member of your family were involved in a pedestrian accident, do you have the right to file a claim? Undeniably, you have the right to file a pedestrian accident lawsuit against the negligent driver that caused your pedestrian accident. But what if the negligent driver that caused your accident did not stop? Regrettably, many pedestrian accidents are hit-and-run accidents – meaning that liable drivers do not stop. Luckily, however, many of these hit-and-run drivers are identified and could be held liable for their actions. In some cases, hit-and-run drivers are never identified – leaving victims and their families to deal with the bills (often needing to tap into their personal insurance coverage). Regardless of the situation, you might have grounds to pursue a claim; you might also have grounds to recover compensation.
Were you involved in a pedestrian accident in Torrance, CA or surrounding areas? If so, you might be eligible to recover compensation. How much compensation could you recover? What type of compensation could you receive? Could you receive compensation even if the vehicle that struck you didn’t stop? Regardless of the specific details of your pedestrian accident claim, you might be eligible to receive compensation.
Some of the common types of compensation available for the victims of pedestrian accidents include the following:
- Medical expenses – compensation for all medical bills caused by the pedestrian accidents (including costs prior to the victim’s death).
- Lost wages – compensation for all the income lost after the pedestrian accident (applies to both injured victims and deceased victims).
- Pain and suffering – compensation for the mental and emotional distress caused by the pedestrian accident (depression, fear, anxiety, PTSD, etc.).
- Loss of consortium – compensation awarded to family members for the loss of ability to have a normal relationship with the victim (whether injured or diseased).
- Funeral and burial expenses – compensation awarded to surviving family members for the costs associated with death services.
- Punitive damages – compensation sometimes awarded to punish defendants for their actions and prevent them from reoccurring.
When you contact the pedestrian accident experts at our law firm, you can be certain that there will always be someone relentlessly fighting for your right to recover the compensation that you deserve. If you would like to discuss your claim with the attorneys at our pedestrian accident firm in Torrance, CA, do not hesitate to contact us today.
Contact Eldessouky Law Today
At Eldessouky Law, we are dedicated to representing all victims affected by pedestrian accidents. We are aware of all the difficulties that victims and their families could encounter after a pedestrian accident; therefore, we are committed to providing you with the guidance that you need to start your claim. When you contact our law firm, you could be certain that our experts will be with you through every step of the way until you recover the compensation that you deserve. If you are ready to speak with our Torrance pedestrian accident attorneys, contact our firm today.