When you were riding your motorcycle in Pico Rivera or surrounding areas, did you ever expect to be involved in a motorcycle accident? Did you suffer injuries after being involved in an motorcycle accident? Did a member of your family lose his or her life after suffering fatal injuries due to a motorcycle accident? Without a doubt, if you and your family were affected by a motorcycle accident, you might have the right to pursue a claim.
Why do you have the right to file a claim? There are a number of laws apply to motorcyclists in California. For instance, motorcyclists and their passengers must wear helmets while riding. Motorcycles must be equipped with the appropriate right and left mirrors, as well as with functional turn signals. Motorcyclists are also legally allowed to lane split (ride their motorcycles between two lanes). Motorcyclists are also required to adhere to certain insurance requirements. Are there any special protections for motorcyclists in California? In general, motorcyclists are simply to be regarded as any other vehicle on the road by all parties on the road. Because motorcyclists are faster, smaller, and harder to see than any other vehicles on the road, however, all parties must exercise caution towards motorcyclists.
Is an attorney necessary after being harmed in a motorcycle accident? Should a person consult an attorney if they have been in a motorcycle accident? If you or a member of your family were involved in a motorcycle accident that caused significant damage, you might have grounds to pursue a claim. Because of that, seeking legal assistance is recommended. If you would like to learn more about your right to sue and your right to receive compensation after a motorcycle accident, do not hesitate to contact the experts at Eldessouky Law.
Understanding Liability for Pico Rivera Motorcycle Accidents
Do you have the right to pursue a motorcycle accident claim after suffering a motorcycle accident in Pico Rivera, CA or surrounding areas? To understand your right to pursue a motorcycle accident claim, it is absolutely necessary that you gain a thorough understanding of liability in motorcycle accident. In other words, who is at fault for the accident? In most cases, motorcycle accidents are caused by the negligent actions of the driver behind the wheel of a car or truck, for instance (auto drivers are more likely to be found liable for motorcycle accidents). However, the reckless riding behavior of motorcyclists can also contribute to motorcycle accidents.
Liability for a motorcycle accident depends on the specific details of the accident. Consider the following questions and answers:
- How do I prove it was the other driver’s fault? To prove that the motorcycle accident was the other driver’s fault, you will have to prove that it was the other driver’s reckless and negligent actions that caused the accident. Whether the other deriver was speeding, ignoring traffic signals, or simply disregarding the safety of all other parties on the road, a police report and witness testimonies could help you prove that the other driver was at fault for the accident.
- How can I get help if it was a road condition that caused my accident? When road conditions cause motorcycle accidents, the entity liable for maintaining road conditions could be held accountable for the accident. You will have to prove that the entity failed to maintain the road or that the entity ignored the hazard that the poor road conditions that caused your accident – and that your accident could have been avoided if the road condition had been addressed.
- What happens if my actions contributed to my motorcycle accident? When the motorcyclist’s negligent or reckless actions contribute to causing the accident, they could be held liable. Although motorcyclists can be fully liable for their accidents, in most cases in which a motorcyclist is liable, motorcyclists and auto drivers share liability – that is, both parties contributed to the accident in one way or another.
About Motorcycle Accidents and Insurance Claims
After motorcycle accidents, the victim could pursue a claim against the party liable for the accident and the harm suffered. However, filing a claim is not always as simple as it might seem. In general, the claimant can pursue a claim against the liable party’s insurance coverage – when the claim is found valid, the insurance company will pay the claimant the compensation to which he or she is entitled.
What if the other person doesn’t have insurance? If the party liable for the motorcycle accident does not have insurance, you might think that you will not be able to recover any compensation. However, depending on your own coverage, you could be compensated for the harm suffered during the motorcycle accident through your uninsured coverage (or umbrella coverage).
What if the accident was your fault? Even if the accident is your fault, you could file a claim and receive compensation. Under this situation, the claimant would have to pursue a claim through their own personal insurance policy.
Important Steps to Follow
What should you do after a motorcycle accident? What are the steps you should follow? After
- Take photos of your injuries and the scene of the accident (including property damage)
- Gather contact information and insurance information of the parties involved
- Gather witness information
- File a police report
- Seek medical assistance
- Seek legal assistance
When you follow the recommended points above, you are essentially preparing for your initial consultation with a lawyer. When seeking an attorney, prepare by following the steps above to ensure that you have the tools necessary to start your motorcycle accident claim.
Do I Need a Lawyer?
After a motorcycle accident, you will need a lawyer to ensure that your rights are represented. A motorcycle accident attorney will ensure that you recover the compensation that you deserve. Why choose us? Why does Eldessouky Law stand out from other firms? At our law firm, we are committed to representing your best interests and will aggressively fight for your right to win.
Skilled Personal Injury Attorney in Pico Rivera, CA: Eldessouky Law
Auto Accident Lawyers Serving Pico Rivera, CA
Bicycle Accident Lawyers Serving Pico Rivera, CA
Dog Bite Lawyers Serving Pico Rivera, CA
Truck Accident Lawyers Serving Pico Rivera
Wrongful Death Lawyers Serving Pico Rivera, CA