If you’re looking for an employment attorney in Bellflower, CA, then you’ve come to the right place. At Eldessouky Law, we provide experienced legal representation to employees who have been wrongfully terminated, harassed, or discriminated against in the workplace.
We understand the challenges that you face when dealing with these issues, and we’re here to help you get the justice that you deserve.
In California, creating the proper work/life balance is something that most people struggle with, as they focus on supporting themselves and their families. To help protect our community’s rights, the California Labor & Workforce Development Agency provides an outline of labor law regulations.
When those regulations are broken, and an employee’s rights are violated, our team at Eldessouky Law is here to ensure that employees receive the protection they are entitled to under the law.
If you have questions about your rights as an employee in California or wish to discuss your case confidentially with one of our experienced California employment attorneys, contact our office at 714-409-8991 or fill out one of our contact forms online.
Top Employers in Bellflower, CA: Employment Opportunities Require Regulation
No matter who you work for, the expectation of a safe workplace is demanded by California laws. At Eldessouky Law, our employment law attorney holds employers to these legal requirements to ensure employees are receiving the care, pay, and protections they deserve under the law.
The top five employers in Bellflower, CA are:
- Bellflower Medical Center: 530 employees
- Kaiser Permanente: 271 employees
- Spectrum, previously Time Warner: 186 employees
- Hollywood Sports: 167 employees
- City of Bellflower: 163 employees
Your employer designation does not matter. Whether you are one of 500 employees, or one of two employees, your rights are outlined by the California Labor Commissioner’s Office.
Employment Law Practice Areas in Bellflower, CA: Eldessouky Law
If you have experienced any workplace harassment, or feel that your pay rates or periods have been violated, our Bellflower employment law attorney can help you recover emotionally and financially. You do not have to be intimidated by your employer, or feel as though your need to keep your job overrides your fair treatment in the workplace. We can help you succeed in simultaneously keeping your job, and holding your employer responsible for their violations.
Our premiere employment law practice areas include:
- Hostile work environment claims
- Discrimination based on race, sex, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, or disability
- Sexual harassment
- Wage and hour claims
- Severance agreements protections and enforcement
- Retaliation cases
- Wrongful termination
Unjust workplace abuse, intimidation, or hostility is against the law. If you are suffering from direct attacks, or are simply witnessing the behavior, we can help you hold your employer responsible now.
Understanding Wage and Hour Laws in Bellflower, CA
According to the California Department of Industrial Relations, the California minimum wage requirements that became effective January 1, 2017, are:
- Businesses with 26 or more employees: $10.50 per hour
- Businesses with 25 or fewer employees: $10.00 per hour
Wage and Hour Laws
Your pay must be outlined at the time of your employment, and the following itemizations reported on a paystub for your review at the end of each pay period.
- Payment for hours worked
- Meals and breaks
- Minimum wage requirements
Meals and Breaks Required by Law
California labor laws require that employers provide a:
- Paid ten-minute rest break for every four hours of work performed
- Meal break of at least thirty minutes after no more than five hours of work
Legal Requirements for Overtime Pay
The Department of Industrial Relations reports overtime requirements to employers throughout the state, including:
- Eight hours of labor constitutes a single day’s work, paid at a regular rate
- Employment beyond eight hours in any workday, or more than six days in any workweek, is permissible if the employee is compensated for the overtime through pay increased to:
- 1.5 times the employer’s regular rate for all hours exceeding eight hours, up to and including 12 hours in a single day; and for the first eight hours of the seventh day in a consecutive work week
- Two times the employee’s regular rate or all hours worked more than 12 hours in any single workday; and for all hours worked more than eight hours on the seventh day in a consecutive workweek
If you are not being paid at the minimum wage rate, or are suffering from lost wages due to employer oversight, negligent bookkeeping, or intentional withholding practices, we want to help you recover the financial losses and extended damages these unlawful practices have produced.
Our employment law attorney in Bellflower, CA specializing in wage recovery, and enforcing the State of California’s Wage Laws. We can help you recover what your employer is unlawfully withholding from you now.
Contact Our Employment Law Attorney in Bellflower, CA Today for a Free Consultation
At Eldessouky Law, our employment law attorney in Bellflower, CA can identify wage disruption or withholding by reviewing your paystubs during a free consultation. If you believe your employer is shorting your pay, whether it is a regular wage, overtime, or docking you for instances that fall under paid time off, contact our Bellflower employment lawyer today at 714-409-8991 to understand your rights. California laws protect employees from harmful financial dealings in the workplace, and we can help enforce those laws on your behalf to recover lost wages and more. Call us now to find out how.