Totaling just under nine square miles, Cerritos, CA is often referred to as Dairy Valley because of the incredible number of dairy farms in the area. Located in Los Angeles County, its nearly 50,000 residents rely more on two districts of employment than they do the farming industry, which usually falls into the hands of local families who have enjoyed supplying the dairy industry across the United States for generations.
At Eldessouky Law, our employment law attorney in Cerritos, California provides protective legal guidance for all industries, including the successful representation of the industrial and manufacturing industry employees found in Cerritos Industrial Park, and the retail outlet employees that account for the annual $2 billion in taxable sales at Los Cerritos Shopping Center.
Employment Opportunities, and Employer Obligations in Cerritos, CA
In addition to the enormous contribution to taxable sales, Cerritos, CA and the retail and industrial trades account for $7.2 billion assessed property valuation.
The largest employers in Cerritos, CA include:
- United Parcel Services (UPS): 6,000 employees
- Los Cerritos Shopping Center: 4,450 full- and part-time employees
- Cerritos Auto Square: 2,160 employees
- ABC Unified School District: approximately 2,000 employees
No matter the size of the company, or the industry in which is participates, employers must abide by the California Labor & Workforce Development Agencyâ€™s outlined labor laws. When employers violate these stringently designed laws, their employees are entitled to financial recover based on the injuries that result from the disruption.
Eldessouky Employment Law Practice Areas in Cerritos, CA
Our employment law attorney, Mohamed Eldessouky, represents employees from all walks of life to ensure their employers are following California laws to the letter. No violation will go unenforced in our office, and our clients can count us to pursue the maximum financial recovery they deserve.
Our practice area focuses include:
- Hostile work environment claims, including:
- Wage and hour claims, including overtime pay disputes
- Severance agreement terms, and their legal enforcement
- Employer retaliation to reporting employees
- Wrongful termination
Understanding Hostile Work Environments in Cerritos, CA: Eldessouky Law Can Help
One largely affected area of working place violations includes hostile environments created by sexual harassment claims.
The California Department of Fair Employment and Housing describes any as unwanted sexual advances as sexual harassment that manifests through:
- Visual conduct, including:
- Creating sexual gestures
- Displaying sexually suggestive pictures, objects, posters, or cartoons
- Verbal conduct, including:
- Offensive comments, slurs, or jokes
- Graphic verbal commentaries about an individualâ€™s body
- Use of degrading words, of a sexual nature, used to describe an individual
- Sexually verbal abuse
- Physical conduct, including:
- Impeding or blocking movements of another individual
- Offering employment benefits in exchange for sexual favors of any kind
- Making or threatening retaliation after receiving a negative response to sexual advances, including:
If you are being sexually harassed at work, contact our Cerritos employment law offices today to receive the information you need to develop an exit strategy that will allow you to resume your safety. You do not have to put up with a hostile work environment for any reason. In fact, it is unlawful for you to be placed in that position, and we can help you reclaim your quality of life now.
The State of California Department of Justice notes that you do not have to be the person being sexually harassed to feel the damaging effects of a hostile work environment. Even if you are not the target, but personally witnessed sexual harassment in the workplace, you may have a claim.
Eldessouky Law: Enforcing Wage & Hour Laws in Cerritos, CA
The California Labor Commissionerâ€™s Office adopted a section to the Labor Code called the Wage Theft Protection Act that requires employers to provide each employee with a written notice that contains all wage information at the time of hire.
The Bureau of Field Enforcement identifies and pursues violations in these laws, including the current California minimum wage that became effective on January 1, 2017, stating:
- Employers with 26 or more employees must pay workers a wage of at least $10.50 per hour
- Employers with 25 or fewer employees must pay workers a wage of at least $10.00 per hour
When overtime becomes part of the pay arrangement, the Department of Industrial Relations outlines the laws employers must adhere to, including:
- Eight hours = one dayâ€™s work
- Employment beyond eight hours, or more than six days per week can be applied, when overtime is paid accordingly, including:
- 1.5 times the standard pay rate applies to any time worked past eight hours through 12 hours
- 1.5 times the standard pay rate for the first eight hours of the seventh consecutive workday
- 2 times the standard pay rate for all hours worked past 12 hours in a single work day
- 2 time the standard pay rate for all hours worked past eight hours on the seventh consecutive workday
If you believe your pay is being withheld purposefully, or as an oversight, or simply isnâ€™t being tallied properly to provide you with the true income you deserve, we will help you build a legitimate case against your employer to pursue the financial recovery you deserve.
Call Our Employment Law Attorney in Cerritos, CA Today for a Free Consultation
At Eldessouky Law, our employment law attorney in Cerritos, CA has successfully represented individuals who are suffering in a hostile work environment, or who are not being paid the wages, hours and overtime they deserve. If you feel that you are enduring a workplace hardship for any reason, contact us today at (714) 598-2390 to schedule a free consultation and understand your employee rights.
Directions: (viaÂ Bloomfield Ave and CA-91 W)Â to Eldessouky Law, Employment and Labor Law Firm, 17139 Bellflower Blvd., Suite 202, Bellflower, CA 90706, USA from Cerritos, CA
- HeadÂ eastÂ onÂ South StÂ towardÂ Bloomfield Ave
- TurnÂ leftÂ at the 1st cross street ontoÂ Bloomfield Ave
- TurnÂ leftÂ to merge ontoÂ CA-91 W
- Take exitÂ 16Â forÂ Bellflower BoulevardÂ towardÂ Bellflower
- TurnÂ rightÂ ontoÂ Bellflower Blvd. Destination will be on the left
Call us today (562)-461-0995
We are located at:
17139 Bellflower Blvd., Suite 202, Bellflower, CA 90706, United States