At Eldessouky Law, our Torrance, CA employment law attorney works tirelessly to protect our nearly 148,000 residents in Los Angeles County from workplace violations that can include discrimination and sexual harassment statutes outlined by the California Labor & Workforce Development Agency.
The State of California, along with the US Federal Government, has designed, implemented, and enforced employment laws that allow employees to enjoy a safe workplace, free from wage theft or wrongful termination. When those violations do occur, our Torrance Disability Discrimination Attorney can help employees file a claim against their employer in the California court system where we will pursue damages for the emotional distress and financial hardship you have endured.
Large Employment Opportunities Abound in Torrance, CA
Your place of employment must legally provide and fulfill an expectation of safety from harm, no matter which forms it may appear in while you are at work. No company is above employment law, and the protections it provides their employees. No matter the size of the company, the rules apply to all employers.
Some of the larger employers in Torrance, CA include:
- American Honda Motor Co Inc: 4,001 employees
- Torrance Memorial Medical Center: 3,001 employees
- Honda R&D Americas: 2,000 employees
- Honeywell Aerospace: 1,200 employees
- Robinson Helicopter Co.: 1,200 employees
- Arconic: 1,100 employees
- Conesys Inc.: 800 employees
- Exxon Mobil Refinery: 800 employees
- J-Tech: 800 employees
- Younger Optics: 775 employees
Your position with the company does not change the protections you are afforded. If you believe your rights are being violated in any capacity, contact our Torrance employment law attorney in Torrance, CA today for help.
Eldessouky Law: Torrance, CA Employment Law Practice Areas
Our employment law attorney in Torrance, CA, Mohamed Eldessouky, works closely with employees who have been victimized by their employer’s lack of oversight or direct infliction of harm.
At Eldessouky Law, our core practice areas include:
- Hostile work environment claims, including:
- Wage and hour claims, including wage theft and overtime pay discrepancies
- Severance agreements, including reviewing terms and enforcing payments as outlined in the contract
- Retaliation claims, including whistleblower cases
- Wrongful Termination
Retaliation and Wrongful Termination Claims in Torrance, CA
According to the Division of Labor Standards Enforcement employees who participate in a protected activity cannot be threatened or physically:
- Discriminated against
- Abused by co-workers, supervisors, or other agents of the company
- Discharged or wrongfully terminated
These protected activities include individuals who:
- Threaten to file a wage claim with the Labor Commissioner’s Office
- Physically file a wage claim with the California Department of Labor
- Take time away from work to serve jury duty within the California Court System
- Complain about safety or health hazards in the workplace
- Refuse to work in hazardous conditions
- File a workers’ compensation claim with the Department of Industrial Relations
- Join a union, and subsequently participate in union activities
- Take time off that falls under the legally protected Family Medical Leave Act
- Observe Military Family Leave Entitlements
- File a discrimination claim with their company’s human resource department, or with a state or federal agency
- Refuse personal, financial, or sexual favors in exchange for a raise or promotion
- Refuse to engage in illegal activities, or report those activities by a coworker, supervisor, or company representative (also known as whistleblowing)
In addition to our employment law attorney in Torrance, CA taking your case and pursuing the best financial and emotional outcome available, we will also file a claim with each local and national government enforcement agency that oversees your complaint area.
These agencies can include, but are not limited to, the:
- Equal Opportunity Employment Commission
- US Department of Justice
- US Department of Labor
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration
If you have been retaliated against in the workplace, by anyone who works there, or is an agent of the company, including customers, vendors, or contractors, for a protected activity, we can help you hold the offenders responsible. If you have been fired because of your lawful behavior, as the company’s final act of retaliation, we want to hear from you today.
Our experienced Torrance Severance Agreement attorney will walk you through each step of your case’s process, so you understand the legal avenues we are pursuing, and are confident in our approach to success.
Contact Our Employment Law Attorney in Torrance, CA Today for a Free Consultation
If you believe your employer has violated any laws that protect your safety in the workplace, either directly or from lack of oversight involving coworkers who are inflicting emotional, physical, psychological, or financial harm upon you, contact our employment law attorney in Torrance, CA today at (714) 598-2390. At Eldessouky Law, we want our clients to understand that you do not have to suffer injustice for the sake of a paycheck. We can help you recover emotionally and financially by holding your employer responsible for your victimization. Call us now to schedule a free consultation and to learn more.