Eldessouky Law: Dedicated Employment Law Attorney in Paramount, CA
Employment law is an important legal category that allows our attorney to protect the rights of our Paramount, CA community, no matter how small or large the company they work within. Our Los Angeles County city is comprised of nearly 55,000 hard-working citizens who count on their jobs to provide for themselves and their families.
When dreadful things happen at work, including discrimination, sexual harassment, or unpaid wages, our Paramount employment law attorney will provide the protective representation you need to confront your employer and seek justice. We are committed to protecting our community, and that starts with our workers, ensuring their workday unfolds without their rights being infringed upon.
Companies of All Sizes Employ the Residents in Paramount, CA
One of Paramount‚Äôs largest employers, Paramount Petroleum Corporation, has been in operation since the 1930s when the city began playing host to its headquarters. Designated as the largest and most efficient asphalt refinery in the State of California, the corporation produces 54,000 barrels of petroleum per day.
Paramount, CA is also home to the Zamboni Company headquarters, where it has resided since 1949. The ice resurfacing machine company sells its products worldwide and provides exceptional employment opportunities in the community.
Employment Law Practice Areas: Eldessouky Law
Your position, or the size of your employer, does not release you from fair and just treatment in the workplace. No one should be expected to endure illegal behavior when they are simply trying to do their job.
Our employment law practice areas include:
- Hostile work environment
- Severance agreements, terms, and enforcement
- Sexual harassment
- Wage and hour cases, including overtime pay discrepancy claims
- Wrongful termination, including retaliation cases, including whistleblower claims
Employment law violations can cause serious emotional and psychological damage that isn‚Äôt easy to reverse. We can help hold your employer responsible for overlooking your injurious circumstances and seek compensation on your behalf.
Wage and Hour Laws in Paramount, CA Are Important to Your Bottomline
No matter where you are employed in the State of California, the Department of Industrial Relations (DIR) has outlined the requirements for minimum wage, which is the least amount of money that can be paid to an employer per hour that they are working.
- Employees must be paid at least $10.50¬†per hour if they work for a company with at 25 employees or fewer
- Employees must be paid $11.00¬†per hour is they work for a company with at least 26 employees
In addition, the state and its Wage Claim Adjudication requires your pay to be outlined when you are hired, so there are no surprises when payday arrives.
Further, your paystub – whether you are paid by check, or electronically through direct deposit -must list an itemized report of the factors that affect your net pay.
These items include:
- Exemptions designated by you at the start of your employment on your W2
- Number of hours worked, including regular and overtime increments
Meal and break deductions must be listed on paystubs, too, as described by our Labor Laws:
- For every four hours of work performed, employees are entitled to one paid ten-minute break
- After no more than five hours of work has been performed, employees are entitled to one meal break that equals at least 30 minutes
Overtime Pay Designation and Requirements
If you work overtime, and do not believe you are being paid for the work provided, you may have a case against your employer. The California DIR ¬†and the Wage Theft Protection Act, outlines specific requirements that each employer must follow when employees are working overtime hours.
What Constitutes Overtime?
By law, a single work day is equal to eight hours, paid at a predetermined, regular rate. Anything beyond those eight hours constitutes overtime and must be paid at an increased rate, determined as follows.
- Compensation for an employee who works more than six days in a single workweek, for at least eight hours each of those days, must be paid 1.5 times the regular rate for the time that exceeds eight hours, up to twelve hours, and the first eight hours of the seventh day.
- The rate must double, or account for two times the regular rate when a single workday‚Äôs hours exceed 12 hours, and for all hours that exceed eight hours worked on the seventh day.
What If My Paycheck Does Not Reflect the Hours Worked?
If you believe that your pay is not reflective of the hours you have worked, no matter the amount of time that is lacking, and your company has not corrected an inadvertent accounting error that was brought to their attention, contact our employment law attorney right away.
We will investigate your claim fully, and request employee and accounting records from your employer, to confirm your pay is being intentionally withheld. This is an illegal practice, and you could be entitled to additional financial damages as a result.
Contact Our Employment Law Attorney in Paramount, CA Today for a Free Consultation
If you believe you are a victim of an illegal workplace action, whether it is a disparity in the pay you are owed, or if you are suffering from spending your days in a hostile work environment, contact our Paramount employment discrimination law attorney today at (714) 409-8991 to schedule a free consultation. We can provide the confidence you need to confront your employer and pursue the financial recovery you deserve.
Directions: (via Downey Ave and CA-91 E)¬†to Eldessouky Law, Employment and Labor Law Firm, 17139 Bellflower Blvd, Suite 202, Bellflower,¬†CA¬†90706, USA from Paramount, CA
- Head north on Paramount Blvd toward Madison St
- Turn right at the 1st cross street onto Madison St
- Continue on Downey Ave. Take CA-91 E to Beach St in Bellflower
- Continue on Beach St to your destination
- Turn left onto Beach St
- Turn left. Destination will be on the left
Call us today (562)-461-0995
We are located at:
17139 Bellflower Blvd., Suite 202, Bellflower, CA 90706, United States