At Eldessouky Law, our employment law attorney in Norwalk, CA represents our community with an exceptional focus on employee treatment in the workplace. With over 107,000 residents calling Norwalk home, our Los Angeles County workers are legally protected by the expectation of a safe workplace, where harassment, discrimination, and fair wages are required and are not optional benefits.
When California employers do not follow the employment laws put forth by the US¬†Federal Government and the California State Legislature, our Norwalk employment law lawyer provides the representation necessary to confront the offenders and pursue the damages our clients need to move forward emotionally and financially. We can help you recover from unlawful treatment in the workplace, too.
Large Employment Opportunities in Norwalk, CA
Employees are afforded employment rights to remain safe and protected. That is true no matter the size of the company, or how they are pursued when laws are broken. At Eldessouky Law, we focus on injustices that happen at work and provide our clients with a legal outlet to voice their claims while we provide solutions to recover the necessary settlements to help them heal. No company is too small, or too big, to avoid the legal ramifications of violating employment laws.
The largest employers in Norwalk, CA include:
- Norwalk-La Mirada Unified School District: 2,057 employees
- Cerritos College: 1,570 employees
- Los Angeles County Registrar/Recorder: 1,564 employees
- Metropolitan State Hospital: 1,466 employees
Eldessouky Law Norwalk, CA Employment Law Practice Areas
To ensure our Norwalk, CA community‚Äôs rights are protected each day they go to work, our Norwalk employment law attorney, Mohamed Eldessouky, dedicates our practice areas to guiding employees through the laws that were designed to shield them from the violations they have endured.
Our core focuses include:
- Hostile work environment claims
- Disability Discrimination
- Sexual harassment
- Wage and hour claims, including overtime pay disputes
- Severance agreement review and enforcement
- Retaliation claims, including whistleblower cases
- Wrongful termination
Beyond providing unmatched employment law representation in Norwalk, CA, our Norwalk employment law attorney is dedicated to holding employers responsible for the legal violations that have caused our clients harm. We will not rest until the optimal settlement is pursued on your behalf, so you can begin to heal from their mistreatment.
Discrimination in the Workplace is Illegal Under ALL Circumstances
The California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) forbids discrimination in the workplace under any circumstances in the following protected categories:
- Age (over 40)
- Ancestry, national origin
- Disability, mental and physical
- Gender identity, gender expression
- Genetic information
- Marital status
- Medical condition
- Military and veteran status
- Race, color
- Religion, creed
- Sex, gender
- Sexual orientation
Your rights are not suggestions. They are law. And if you believe you have been discriminated against, we want to hear your story today so we can help.
California state laws are passed to protect people from discrimination based on disability, including the Unruh Civil Rights Act and the California Fair Employment and Housing Act. These laws, like the Disabled Persons Act, require employers to supply reasonable accommodations that allow individuals with disabilities to perform their jobs.
Additional guidelines include that employers must:
- Consider, interview, and evaluate all applicants, regardless of perceived or actual disabilities, and are forbidden from:
- Asking about the type, description, characteristics and/or severity of a disability
- Requiring an applicant to take a physical or medical exam that is not given to other applicants/employees
- Ask applicants about their ability to perform necessary job-related tasks, and respond to requests for reasonable accommodations
- Ask for medical certification of an applicant or employee‚Äôs need for reasonable accommodations
According to the California DFEH, disabilities can be categorized as:
- Physical, and include:
- Genetic characteristics
If you have a disability that is verified through medical certification, and are being discriminated against at work for its existence, our Norwalk employment lawyer can help you hold your employer responsible for their violations today.
California state laws provide legal remedies for employees who suffer from discrimination.
As your Norwalk employment law attorney, we will pursue:
- Past lost wages, also called back pay
- Future lost wages, also called front pay
- Policy changes
- Reasonable accommodation(s)
- Damages for emotional distress
- Punitive damages
- Out-of-pocket expenses
- Attorney‚Äôs fees and costs
Contact Our Norwalk, CA Employment Law Attorney Today to Schedule a Free Consultation
If you believe you are being discriminated against at work for any reason, including a disability, contact our employment attorney in Norwalk, CA today at (714) 598-2390 for a free consultation. Once we understand the circumstances of your hardship, we will pursue your employer for the financial and emotional damages you suffered because they broke the law.
Discrimination in the workplace is a punishable offense and will be reported by our office to the proper authorities in the State of California to ensure the employer is held accountable for their workplace violations. Together, we can stop this unlawful treatment, and provide solutions to your injurious circumstances now.
Directions: (via¬†I-5 S)¬†to Eldessouky Law, Employment and Labor Law Firm, 2400 E Katella Ave, Suite # 800, Anaheim, CA 92806, USA from Norwalk, CA
- Get on¬†I-5 S
- Head¬†west¬†on¬†Rosecrans Ave¬†toward¬†Pioneer Blvd
- Sharp¬†right¬†onto¬†San Antonio Dr
- Turn¬†right¬†to merge onto¬†I-5 S¬†toward¬†Santa Ana
- Follow¬†I-5 S¬†to¬†E Katella Ave¬†in¬†Anaheim. Take exit¬†109A¬†from¬†I-5 S
- Merge onto¬†I-5 S
- Use the right 2 lanes to take exit¬†109A¬†for¬†Katella Ave
- Continue on¬†E Katella Ave¬†to your destination
- Use the right 2 lanes to turn¬†right¬†onto¬†E Katella Ave
- Turn left. Destination will be on the right
Call us today (714) 409-8991
We are located at:
2400 E Katella Ave, Suite # 800, Anaheim, CA 92806, United States